Thursday, June 5, 2008

Going Through the Motions!!

Training is going well. Six months ago....I just wanted to say that my IM training was consistent, but I can honestly say that my training has been better than I could have ever imagined. The last week or so, I do feel like I'm just doing the workouts without as much excitement. There have been some very good moments, but they have more to do with the company than the actual activity. As soon as I feel a little burned out...then luckily something great will sort of lift my spirits. I have the best support...from family to friends...coach to training buddies....it's all good!

My husband and kids seem very excited to make the trip to watch me race so I guess that is a good sign that they are not burned out on my training.

I was going to write about my training a little more specific, but it's been a while since I've had time to journal. Basically, I could copy my training schedule and it would match perfectly....that has NEVER been true for me so I'm quite happy that my life has allowed for such great training. Kids are out of school now so I thought it would be a huge challenge to get all of my workouts in, but it's been even more doable this week and I've had more time to recover. No baseball, no gymnastics...just swim practice and meets, but our evenings are free! As good as it's been....I'm sure my family and I will welcome July with a huge smile and a bit of relief. Lately, every plan starts with "In July, we can....."

I also heard myself mention the idea of training for another Ironman...(Ironman France to be more specific)and I haven't even done one...yet! I'm certain it's the training that I love the most, but I also know that I'll never be able to re-create the beauty of my first IM training :)!!!!

No comments: