Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mid-week (19) update!

I had another solid work day on Tuesday. It is getting harder to do these workouts back to back, but somehow I manage....everything else seems to be ignored. Not the kids or anything, but the household stuff. Kids are getting busier and May really seems to stress me out. I wonder if it's a coincidence that David seems to travel more (and further) in May???

I remember once when he had to go to France for most of May back when i was training for my first Danskin. My kids were a lot younger and NOT in school full time so it was hard. The kids ended up with Step throat and puking everywhere. That was tough...and it was only Danskin. It was overwhelming. I don't think training for Ironman has been that stressful, but I'm feeling a little on edge. I digress...imagine that!

I'm very proud when I can get my workouts in. I know "I have all day", but logistically it's still not easy. I have to make sure that I eat (something healthy) so I can do the next quality workout and not eat too much so I throw it up. It's not an easy balance, but doing morning then evening workouts is not an option. I'm missing some of the kid's end of school activities and that bothers me. I tried to ignore that I wasn't going to make it to Field Day...until my son asked "Mom, what time are you going to get there and which event are you volunteering for??" It broke my heart to tell him that I couldn't go this year. His face looked so disappointed. He didn't sign up for this Ironman and I'm sure he doesn't completely get it so I have added pressure on me to get to their field day, but I'm looking forward to it. He's in 3rd grade...he may not be as excited for this stuff and to see his mom at these events for much longer. I hope he doesn't outgrow it too soon, but you never know. Again, I digress.....somehow, I always end up making it about my kids. I jokingly say..."surrendering to motherhood!" I love being a mother and I'm not sure that I would be doing all of this if my life weren't exactly as it is. I also say the being a stay at home home drove me to do this endurance stuff....I say it lovingly.

Tuesday was good. I did 5 Crystal Falls hill repeats and enjoyed watching Leah conquer some of her fears. I'm glad she came up to join me. Robin joined us also so it made it easier to talk ourselves into heading down south for our BSP swim. It was short (due to the OW swim this Saturday), but sweet. I finished up the day with my strength training and core work.....just in time to get home and take kids to swim practice. I was grumpy that evening, but I think I just needed food and a shower!!!!

Wednesday was a stormy morning. I got an email from coach that said to still meet, but bring something to write with and we would discuss race day logistics at Austin Java if the weather was still bad. I was certain that the rain would stop by then (and I still had to deal with rainy traffic into Austin). If we didn't meet then I knew she would want us to do something that evening??!! We went to Austin Java (it was worth the drive) and she gave us a Bonus day off. I was relieved at first, but later, I still felt a little guilty.

Thursday morning came after some horrible storms with David flying home from CA...I was very worried about him. I made the decision to wake the kids up and make them go in my closet without totally scaring them. I was terrified. The hail was so bad and funnel clouds were all around us....scary. So on Thursday, I'm very thankful for my day off yesterday!!!! David returned home safely and I was finally able to fall asleep around midnight.

Thursday is Field Day, swim practice, baseball game, and my monthly bunco outing so we'll see how much I get done. Oh, and three workouts. Tempo bike ride, swim, and full body ST. I'm hanging in there....and still loving every minute of this training. I'm truly blessed!!!!

No comments: