Sunday, March 2, 2008

Catching up on my blogging...or training (B)log!!

I had a great week 8!

Tuesday:
I did the "whole enchilada" as Coach Amy calls it. I had a great 30+ minute run (on the treadmill) with some pick ups at the end. I did 4 of them for a minute at a 7:42 min/mile pace and i thought i was going to fly off the treadmill.

I went to LTF for some strength training and i felt a lot more productive/efficient. I'll have to get better about logging my strength training routine. I just know that my upper body is not very strong. It will be fun and interesting to see if there are some results with all this. Amy believes that (ST) will allow for a "strong" Ironman finish. I just want to finish, but finishing strong sounds even better.

I'm still on Tuesday! Finished up the training day with a good swim. I did a 300 warm up (w/u) and a set of 10x100's (30s rest) with a 200 cool down (c/d). My times for my 100's were very consistent. My fastest was 2:01 and slowest was 2:05. Good day...no, it was a great day!!

Wednesday:
I met Amy and some new CDA training partners, Cathy and Leah, for a QW at the Veloway. I suspected it would be a time trial, but I thought "surely, Amy would warns us??" It was a time trial and Amy didn't tell us on purpose because she said the thought of it makes people nauseous!! She's so thoughtful!

It consisted of an 8 mile warm up on easy gears and then "balls to the wall" for 8 miles. I did mine in 26min/46sec (17.97 miles per hour avg.) It was a little windy, but no excuses....I did the best that i could on that day.

Thursday:
Robin and I drove all the way down South for a BSP swim and it was closed for cleaning (note to self....the pool is closed every Thursday until 7 p.m). Robin and I ran 3 miles (30 min)on LBT. Again, it was windy, but nice running with Robin and learning more about her. We drove back up North for a swim at LTF. She and I did some ST before the swim (the pool was a little busy) and then swam for 30 minutes (we were running out of time to get home for our kiddos).
I swam a 200 w/u, 4x200's, 2x100's and easy 100 c/d. Another good day at the office:)!!!

Friday:
I met Cathy and Leah for a 2 hour bike ride at Wilco. They were so nice to offer to come up North. We met at 8:30 am and i just took them on Parmer extension(or I guess it's Ronald Reagan Blvd.) for 1 hour and then turned around. We went until the road came to an end....I love when that happens....it seems much more significant. (I should mention that David also returned from his 10 day long business trip.)

It was a good ride followed by a 15 minute run. Neither of us started our stopwatch...too busy talking, but it was about a 1 mile run. Those ladies are great and probably not good for me to hang out with them. They talked about their love of trail running....their true passion and I'd love to run Pike's Peak someday. I enjoyed learning more about them too. They are busy moms of older children so it gives me a glimpse of what lies ahead. This Ironman journey just seems to get better and better.

Long Bike: 26.42 miles/14.2 avg. pace.

Saturday:
Amy K. picked up the Sendero folks (me, Rebeca, and her husband, Brent) for a Georgetown a.m. run with Donnie at Runtex. Robin met us there too. She had a short run so she ran with me for a while and then I continued with the 9 mile run option. It was a new course for me so it was exciting to not know where i was heading....until I got a little lost....or thought i was lost. I probably ended up doing 10 miles, but overall, it was a great morning to start a busy Saturday for the Price family.

Run 10 miles (approx.) 1hour 40 minutes.

Sunday:

Today, I have an easy 30 minute spin on my trainer and easy 30 minute pool swim.

I've got to do a better job (for myself) logging my training entries. Amy needs a full report on Monday so it's easier on me if i log my training daily.

No comments: