Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week 9!

I had a very lazy day off on Monday! The weather was cold and very windy! I did do some core work at home and I was very sore today.

Today, Tuesday, was a great start. I ran this morning 42 minutes...it should have been 45, but I must have run a little faster on the way back. I went out for 23 minutes?? Anyway, it was a great easy run. The weather was cool, but sunny.....it was a perfect morning for running.

I came home had a protein shake and headed to LTF for upper, lower, core, and a swim workout. I spent 40 minutes on strength training. It felt good, but my legs and arms felt fatigued.

I didn't have much left for my swim workout. I thought about going home and coming later after the kids went to bed. I stuck it out and had a great workout.
300 w/u
10x 100's (see times below....they did get faster with 30s rest intervals)
300 c/d

Wow, that felt amazing. What's more amazing is that I had more energy after my swim than before....now I'm ready for the evening with the family.

Vincent has his first TAKS testing tomorrow so he gets to pick a healthy (fulfilling) meal this evening....home cooked!

My 100's swim times (per coaches request)
2.05
2.07
2.10 (goggle issues)
2.03
2.04
2.07
2.06
2.05
2.01
1.59 (woo hoo....i finally got a sub 2.0)

I love triathlon training....or should I say Ironman training! Hmmm, maybe this is the real addiction.

No comments: