Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break is over!!!

We didn't travel anywhere, but we had fun hanging out with the kids and doing some yard work!!!

My IM training survived okay and only missed one swim workout and my gym workouts. Bring on Week 11!!!

Monday: off

Tuesday: Now they are called "Trainer Tuesdays!" I spent 1.25 hours on the trainer and i had to include some one legged drills. Sounded easy enough, but it wasn't smooth and that was the goal. My left leg felt better and stronger than my right. It was a challenging workout, and I need to get my Cateye fixed ASAP!!

I also did the P90X ab workout and I'm sitll sore on Thursday!

Wednesay: I met Amy, Leah, and Cathy for our QW. Amy had a transition clinic planned for us. I'm extremely slow in my transitions and never really cared too much about the time I lost in T1 and T2...not a very "triathlete" way of thinking. Amy changed my way of thinking.....other coaches have tried, but I was stubborn (they didn't know it) and didn't listen much. My mind always thought "yeah, yeah, I'm not going to win so I'm not going to rush through this and do what i have to do." I can't say that I enjoyed a cocktail or picnic during my T's, but no real rushing.

Amy actually said the idea is to be smooth not fast. Gave us some great tips!! I've been given many before so i thought there was not much more to learn, but I was wrong.

Thursday: I have a run planned and some ST planned for my day. I might try to get a swim in to make up for not swimming on Tuesday.

I need to keep up with my totals a lot better so I still need to work on that!!!!

No comments: