Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Too much fun......

Well I can't say that I'm great at this blogging stuff, but I've managed to keep up with this ironman training very well!

I'm at the tail end of week 12...HALFWAY!! Of course, I started at week 5 due to marathon training and completing the Walt Disney Goofy Challenge. I'm having so much fun with this new training schedule and look forward to each new and unknown distance.

I've been so tired lately that I don't feel like writing about my training, but it helps keep me organized.

I didn't get a chance to do my long run this Sunday because of the Easter holiday and I was hosting the party at my house so I ran on Monday evening (I needed some time to recover). It was wonderful. I haven't ran in the evening in a long time and I have missed it...especially on a cool Spring evening...nuff said. I ran alone, but it will go down as one of my most memorable runs (thanks to my coach for encouraging me to run that evening...especially when I thought she would tell me to consider it a missed workout:)).

I won't go into further detail about my workouts this week. I've followed the schedule and today I had a great QW with Amy and Team Baraka. We met at the Veloway and did a bike, run, bike, run, and bike, run. It was great and each time we did it at different speeds. My legs are tired and I love that feeling. I worked on my flying mount and dismount...that Amy is an amazing instructor as well as coach.

I've been a little emotional this week too, but in a good way. I guess that I should say, "sappy!" I feel so thankful to have this training opportunity and constantly feel the need to thank my hubby, training buddies, and my coach.

I know an Ironman DNF would be a huge disappointment (and I have complete confidence that I will be a finisher), but if it happened then it would all still be worth it because of the friendships and relationships that are being made.

I'm very lucky and truly blessed!!!!

No comments: