Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week 9...DONE...well, almost!!!

Wow, what a week. I have never been so exhausted. I guess training consistently will do that to you :)!!!

On Wednesday, I met up with Leah, Cathy, and Coach at the YMCA in South Austin....yes, way down south on a weekday morning. The commute wasn't too bad, but it still would have been worth the drive.

I thought hills were on the agenda and I was right!! We warmed up by riding to the Rialto (sp?) hills off of Southwest Pkwy and William Cannon. We did three hill repeats (into the wind) and Amy stood halfway yelling at us (not cheering, but yelling :)). I couldn't look at her or I may have quit. I did hear her yell something like, "faster, Malinda, you're not even breathing hard!!" It was a great workout and I think I had enough left in me for one more hill repeat....maybe.

Thursday was a challenge, but it turned out to be a very successful day....I even got to have lunch with my kiddos at school and help out with Madeleine's class for computer lab.
I ran on the treadmill in the morning because it was a little cold, but the wind is what really turned me off to running outdoors. I ran for 50 minutes and ran a little over 4 miles. This included a warm up and cool down. It felt good.

I surprised Vincent and Madeleine with lunch from Wendy's! I was craving some chili so I joined them at school. My computer lab shift ended at 12:15 so I had a little bit of time to get to the gym to swim....and maybe strength training??? I got to LTF and decided to squeeze both workouts in before 2:30 so i could have enough time to shower and be ready for kids and our last R. E. class.

Weights felt good and I'm so glad that they are incorporated into my IM training. On to the swim! I decided to do a 300 w/u, 4x400's (with each 400 getting faster), and a 300 c/d. I was able to get to finish the third 400 before I got kicked out of the pool due to lightening storms in the area. I was actually very bummed and ask if I could at least finish with a cool down.....normally, I would feel relieved :)!!! I was very proud of completing most of the workouts on my schedule that day. After lunch, I really just wanted to go home, rest, and enjoy the raining day while watching t.v.

Friday was pretty uneventful. I was the mystery reader in Madeleine's class in the morning. I finished with that and ran some errands, came home, had lunch, and just vegged out for two whole hours. I dozed off a little every now and then.....which is unlike me to nap. I think I'll quick fighting it and add a nap to my training schedule on Fridays!!

I did get on the trainer in the evening for 45 minutes (almost 10 miles). I took it easy since I had the Spokes and Spurs ride in the morning. It was going to be cold on Saturday morning....30 degrees so I did spend some time on Friday shopping for some cold weather gear....that was fun!!

Saturday morning was cold so I put on my layers (and some of my new cycling gear :)). I picked up Robin and we arrived just in time for her to start rolling with the 62 mile folks....I only had to ride 44 miles, but I was tempted to join Robin....especially since we're both training for the same event. I'll talk about that in my next post.

No comments: